- Category: Publications
Minutes of February meeting 2005 - February 8, 2005
Note of the meeting of the North Tolsta Historical Society on 8 February 2005 in the Old Schoolhouse, North Tolsta.
Present: R.Murray; A.Murray; A MacLeod; A.MacKenzie; DJ Macritchie; D. Murray ; S.MacIver; M.Murray; A. A. Smith.
Apologies: R.MacLeod; N.Moir; AM Henderson
Note of the last meeting
1. The Note of the last meeting was approved.
2. A new scanner had been purchased.
2.1 A grant of £12k had been secured from the Western Isles Countryside Access Programme (CnES/SNH/WIE/EU) to fund the series of Tolsta Walks being progressed by the Comann Eachdraidh.
2.2 Links: Partnership for Change would be holding a two-day conference at the Lews Castle College from 26 to 28 April 2005 . The Comann Eachdraidh would be represented.
2.3 The Caidreachas meeting had been cancelled.
2.4 2 CDs with photographs had been sent to the BBC as requested (x £10) plus a standard fee each time these would be used by them.
3. Correspondence had been received from the Community Engagement team in the Town Hall notifying the Comann Eachdraidh of the various facilities and practical assistance available to community groups.
3.1 A further circular was received from HI-Arts offering an opportunity to advertise events, etc., freely in their periodical.
Better Neighbourhood Fund Scheme
4. Applications would not be accepted after March 2005, although projects would continue in terms of spend until March 2006.
5. Information was sought on Croft no. 47; D.Murray would deal with this enquiry.
6. A balance of £2,815.44 up to 31 January 2005 was recorded on the evening of the meeting.
7. A. MacLeod was progressing with the last lot of local poetry. He would also attempt transcription of the "Duncan Dodd" tapes.
7.1 A copy of the finances relating to the project were circulated. Currently showing a balance of funding on the project of £2,929.20 on a total project cost of £4,200.
8. YH still looking for wedding photographs that would be scanned and returned asap.
8.1 YH would hold a social evening on 1 March at 8pm in the Community Centre for fishermen/seamen from the village and it was hoped to record this event. An invitation would be extended to exiles.
9. The date of the AGM was set for 28 February 2005 in the Tigh Ceilidh at 8pm .
10. More information was required on places of interest and local weather predictions. This had generated a lot of interest but not as many contributions as we would have liked.
11. Major problems experienced with our website which collapsed. Work would be undertaken to make it more secure (discussion and memories buttons).
11.1 One of the computers had broken, but it had now been repaired.
11.2 The original BT/SCVO sponsored computer was now out of commission. The YH purchased a new Dell Computer to replace it.
11.2 The Chairperson extended our sympathy to Margaret Bennett on the death of her son.
Date of the Next meeting
The next meeting would be the AGM.